So before we get this going, I need to do something that I've meant to do since I started this blog. We had our good friend Wende Tindall paint some great animal scenes on Sophia's bedroom walls. Both kids will often go in and name the animals they see there. Any time I am rocking Sophia before she sleeps, I have her beautiful work to look at. Thanks so much Wende!

The animals match the animals on the blanket hanging on Sophia's crib. I thought that was great, and I'm sure Sophia will notice eventually.

Up on the shelf, you may notice a little blond basketball player. My Grandma Paul made this for me, I would guess about 30 years ago. It was attached to a lamp. My brother had one too. His broke decades ago -- I didn't do it. I have always loved that little guy. He is wearing my high school colors, maroon and grey. I've had him every place I have lived for almost as long as I've lived. Thanks Grandma!!

So we finally got those cherished birthday style photos where the kid smears themselves with cake, ours was just a couple days later. She was pretty proud of herself.

She wanted to point out all the places she was able to get the frosting.

But then she remembered about the blog, and began to get surly...

...before going downright Sean Penn on me. I will be suing for punative damages, pain and suffering.

Meanwhile, Sidota sat on the floor right by the chair, trying to screw this piece of scrap wood to the floor. It was a great time consumer, and I'm sure he'll grow up to be a master carpenter.

Friday we attended a soccer match that our pediatrician was playing in. He wanted to introduce us to an Ethiopian man he knows. Most of the men on the team are African, and many of the fans there were as well. One young boy came up and asked if Sidota was our servant. I said no. "Then why is he brown?" the boy asked. It was interesting, and we told did tell the boy we had adopted them. Sid played with some of the kids intermitently, while constantly checking with me to make sure I didn't get to far away. While leaving, he found a feather on the ground to play with. Judging from how he seemed to like it, he'll be getting feathers for Christmas.

We went to our first dinner out. The food at some Flatbread oven place over by Bowen Crossing was good. The kids behaved great, thanks mainly to Cheerios and peanut butter and honey sandwiches Korri had the forethought to prepare.

Sophia waited patiently for her meal, and was a decent tipper.

This is Sophia patrolling the back pew at church today. It was our second Sunday in a row, and the kids did great.

Okay, for the most part they did great, but Sid had his moments. He just loves to run so much!

Of course that love to run often leads to him looking like this on car rides home. Or maybe he's just bored with the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment