
What?! It's my birthday? Yes, Spohia is one year old. Here she is eating from the birthday plate.

In case you can't see what I have on my plate, let me show you that I am having scrambled eggs and corn-cakes.

In her need to see if there was any food left, she dumps it all on the tray.

Sid enjoyed putting the food on his fork, then dipping the fork in his milk glass. No, it wasn't messy at all, why would you think that?

On her birthday, Sophia wanted to show off some of her walking skills.

The high above her head hands makes me pretty sure she will have a fine career as a drum majorette in her future.

So for the presesnt opening, we thought we'd begin with the simple stuff, ripping little pieces off a card.

But Sid wanted to go big right away, getting open a large construction toy that the three boys battled over the rest of the night. Sophia, not so much.

Here Sophia shows classic childhood opening strategy for kids from any continent, open the present...

...then worry about reading the card.

This glimpse was about all the quality time she got to spend with the skid-steer.

Just hanging out with the balloons before Sidota tries to destroy them. I guess he thought they were punching bags.

This is the first time Sophia has been allowed to handle pizza. You can insert your own ideas for what she is thinking with that look on her face.

Korri thought it would be fun to watch the boys 'bob for peaches" (they are softer and easier to get than apples). I didn't think it would work. I was way off. They loved it, but no, no one got a peach.

Sophia believes she has the ability to put out flames by pointing her hand in that general direction. The candle is in a peach-shaped cake.

With whipped cream frosting that pretty much just ended up on her hands.

Sidota took this lick, and a small bite, but wasn't into the cupcakes. We have been blessed with kids that so far, aren't really into sweets or TV. We are going to do our best to maintain that.

Aidan, and I (not pictured, obviously) both enjoyed the dessert. He just got more of it on his face.

This is Sophia enjoying her newest favorite activity--opening and closing doors. This door to their upstairs playroom works best for that, since it doesn't close all the way. See ya!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Sophia! I didn't see any girly toys... are you trying some sort of social experiment on her? :)
Post a Comment