Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Need Salsa? We Have Extra -- Free.

I've had this thought as I continue to blog, so I thought I'd share it with you, which is not really in my nature to do, so that I can give credit where it is due. I'm pretty sure that most of the creativity in my writing comes from the influence of my mom, Sharon. She always encouraged stuff like that, and is herself, in general, a ham at heart. Love you Mom. On the other hand, she gets absolutely no credit for me being able to play basketball--she really stinks at that--her defense is 100% about fouling you. Sports was all my Pa. Okay, now that I've shared way too much...
Sophia likes to go into rooms, and close the door, pretty much locking herself in. To her credit, she really doesn't cry. She can always find something fairly harmless to occupy her time. She had been in this room for a couple minutes when we decided to check on her.
Oh, hey Mom and Dad, I just found these tomatoes and thought I'd get started making that salsa you were talking about having with dinner tonight. You said the first step was to smash the tomato against a velour track suit, right? I may have misunderstood you, my English isn't so great.
Does the stain sort of resemble North America, or is that just the geography teacher in me? Notice Alaska in the upper left corner.
So on a daily basis we have to put lotion on the kids or their skin will get dry and greyish looking. We use a lotion made with coconut oil. This is Sophia saying thanks to Korri for taking such great care of her.
She does her best to help, but usually ends up rubbing lots of the lotion in just one spot.
Then, as she sees that a large clump of the lotion has ended up on her finger, Sophia figures it's time to mix up the game a bit.
And since she already had Korri doing most of the real work of putting the lotion on for her, and it smells like coconut, Sophia decided she should see how it tastes. The results are in, and good smelling doesn't always equal good tasting.Sid was talking to Sophia about possible ideas for what he should dress as for Halloween. You can see she's giving it a lot of thought...
...but before she could mention any of her great ideas, Sidota asked her what she thought of his plan, going as the arch villian known as the "breadstick bandit".
She laughed at him pretty hard, and he was obviously embarrassed that he had ever gone to her for advice. The rest of the day he kept begging me not to put any of this on the blog. Oops.


No comments: